Child Going Away To College? Don’t Forget the Student’s Healthcare Documents!

by | Aug 8, 2018 | Healthcare, Wills

Every year, we offer a simple plan for college students. Once your child turns 18, you are no longer the legal guardian and, depending on the state the college is in, you may not only have no say in his or her medical treatment, you may not even be able to get any information whatsoever from the provider. Each college student, 18 or older, should have at least a Power of Attorney for Healthcare, with a Living Will, naming one or both parents as Agent. We also recommend a Durable General Power of Attorney and a HIPAA designation.

We offer a free consultation for all estate planning. Just call us and we will make certain that you child has the proper documents. 603-249-5925

To access the Sowerby & Moustakis Law, PLLC, Client Portal

please click the link below.